Wednesday 25 March 2015

Something new...

So... I tried something new today! Can you guess what I made???



I made salt dough!!
I used the basic recipe: 1 cup plain flour, 1/2 cup salt, 1/2 cup warm water.

I kneeded it for 5 mins - DEFFO worth persevering with it, I wasn't going to bother but I kept at it and the texture changed!! It goes from quite gritty and stiff to feeling like playdoh. MUCH better for making stuff with.


Good ol Pinterest had some FAB ideas for inspiration, here's some that caught my eye...


I used star and heart cookie cutters that I already had and experimented with stamping letters and patterns. I think I need more practice with how hard to stamp but I liked the overall look.

After I had got as many shapes as I could from the dough I popped them in the oven to bake. Just another few hours to wait!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment