Saturday 7 March 2015

A project to ease the pain...

At the beginning of Febuary my gran passed away. It's the first time I have ever felt a pain this big, a grief so deep, a loss so huge. I didn't really know what to do with myself, I spent a lot of time with her and suddenly my days were empty. So I picked a project to keep me busy and to give me something to focus on.


I had bought this book a few weeks before from the book club at work - only £5!!! There are some gorgeous patterns in there and I picked a lovely blanket to crochet.

I went and bought my wools (and a useful box to keep them in...


And started making little circles.... 168 of them... (You can see them all around the edge)


Each circle then got a 2nd row of a different colour....


And then each double row circle gets joined onto the next with a 3rd round that makes it square...


The blanket is going to be 12x14 squares big. It's going to be a crib blanket.

I'm really happy with it and I'm pleased to say (unlike my black/red/white granny square blanket that I started 2 years ago) it makes up really fast! 


I think my kitty thinks it's for her!

It's a lovely project that has certainly helped me through a very tough time. Gotta love the power of crafting.
️XxX


No comments:

Post a Comment