Thursday 11 September 2014

PROGRESS!!!

I finished the triple crochet and then moved into the puff stitch - which looks like little balls!!! The first few looked AWESOME, then I had issues. No matter what I did I couldn't get the needle back through the stitches to create the puff. I was gettin so angry that I was on the verge if tears!! (Guess I'm just a passionate crafter! Lol) after 20 mins of swearing and cursing I figured it might not be my tools... You know know the saying...it might be me!! My tension was WAY too tight this bit letting the needle pass through under the stitches. I loosened up a bit and it all went smoothly from there!!! 

The end of the triples...


The little puffs. SO CUTE!!!! I can't believe how quickly the jacket stitched up once the puffs were started.

Buttonholes!!!! 

DC edging! Looks so much neater!!

The little cardigan just before the eves were added. This would be lovely for late spring- just enough to keep their little bodies warm.

And here's the Cardy with sleeves - 
How frickin cute is that?!? 
Comparing it to the pic that came with the pattern... (As you can see I got the pattern from Pinterest!) 


... I think There may be some UK/US translation mishaps - I think my triples should have been doubles and my doubles should be singles... But for a 1st attempt I'm super happy!!!!


WELL..... I was so chuffed with the little cardigan that I started on some booties!!!
(Again, another Pinterest free pattern find!)


OMG. I can't believe how little these are!!! Soooooo cute!!!

I had to use YouTube to learn how to SC2tog and DC2tog (decrease stitches) but a few minutes and I was back crocheting. Gotta love the internet!!
These little booties are gonna be 'wrap around buttoned booties. 

I was up til 1am last night doing these - I got so carried away that I lost track of time. Startin on the wrap around on the booties today so can't wait!!! Hopefully il get the pair finished this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment